Canon Color Laser Printer

Releasing Print Jobs

After printing a document, the job must be released to the printer.  Log in to the Mac computer next to the printer and release your print job.  The print release station reduces extraneous printouts and provides opportunity to make sure everything is ready for your printout (the right paper and ink are loaded, etc.)


The copier function has been disabled from the Canon printer.  You can use it as a sheet-feed scanner, however, and have the scans emailed to you.  Copiers are available in the libraries.

Single Sided Printing

The printer defaults to double sided printing.  To force single sided printing on macOS:

  • Under the third drop-down menu from the top of the system print dialog box, look for the "Finishing" option.  Select that option, and then choose "1-sided" under "Print Style."

  • If printing from a web browser, you may need to click a link in the lower left corner of the print dialog box labeled "print using system dialog box..."

Dealing with paper jams

Try your best to remove the jam by following the illustrated instructions on the printer screen. If you don't force anything, you won't break it.  If in doubt, ask for help from the staff.

Special paper

If you have special paper, pring the box for your proposed paper to the Media Center staff for evaluation well ahead of your need to print.  Different types of paper frequently jam the printer, so we may not be able to accommodate your request.

Can I print passport photos?

No - please go to CVS.  They can both print and take passport photos for you.

Multiple copies

You are limited to two copies only. If you need more than two, use Print Services, where color documents can be printed for a fee (departmental chargebacks are available). 

Why is it showing an A4 paper error?

We do not have A4 paper. Try canceling your job and res-ending it with a "letter" (8.5x11) paper size selected.  We have US Letter (8.5x11), Legal (8.5x14), and Tabloid (11x17) paper loaded and available in the Canon Color Laser printer.

Who has to approve me printing 100 copies of my flyer for my party Saturday?

You should take that job to Print Services, or an external service (Like FedEx) and be prepared to pay for the copies.

Ways you can contact ITS or find information:

ITS Support Portal:
Phone: x4357 (HELP) or 610-328-8513
Check out our remote resources at
Check our homepage at